AIIMS DELHI NURSING OFFICER 2020
AIIMS DELHI NURSING OFFICER EXAMINATION PAPER QUESTION 2020
Q-1 Nursing care for a patient with an arteriovenous (AV) Fistula aimed at maintaining patency includes?
A. Taking BP in the affected area
B. Palpating for a bruit
C. Keeping the arm free of constriction
D. Apply heat to maintain circulation
- Rational-It is suggested that assessment of the arteriovenous fistula / arteriovenous graft be undertaken each time prior to cannulation. Patency should be checked for adequate bruit and thrill, and the site inspected for signs of infection.
Q.2 The nurse is draining the third exchange of peritoneal dialysis. She needs to call the primary care provider if which of the following is present?
A An amount of outflow equal to the inflow
B Clear, straw-colored fluid removal
C A 10-minute time span for fluid removal
D Turbid, foul-smelling outflow
Ans- D. Turbid, foul-smelling outflow
- Rationale- Turbid, foul-smelling fluid indicates peritonitis, so the nurse should notify the provide.
Q 3.After operation surgen discard gloves in Blue container.... Red is the correct one.
Q 4.Rafales land in India-
Ans-The first batch of five Rafale aircraft, have just landed in Ambala.
Q 5. 7 year boys enuresis most use therapy-
Ans-Bell and pad method
- Rational-The bell and pad technique. The most common treatment for nighttime enuresis is the bell and pad technique, also known as a bedwetting alarm. This method consists of a device kids wear at night that has a sensor, making a noise when it becomes wet and ideally waking up the child in time for him to stop the stream and go to the bathroom.
Q 6. Proper hand placement for chest compressions is-
Ans-The lower half of the sternum or breastbone.(Just below nipple lower half sternum)
- Rational-That is because the adult sternum is 10-11″ in length, from just below your throat/Adam’s apple, to your Xiphoid process. Halfway between the nipples is probably 2-4″ from the bottom, and 6-7″ from the top. (It is always the center of the breastbone horizontally, for you engineers).
Q.8- Lignocain drugs used-
Ans-Lidocaine, also known as lignocaine, is a medication used to numb tissue in a specific area (local anesthetic). It is also used to treat ventricular tachycardia and to perform nerve blocks.
Q-9 Nursing Care For A Patient With An Arteriovenous (Av) Fistula Aimed At Mainting Patency Include. ?
A. Taking Bp In The Affected Area
B. Palpating For A Bruit
C. Keeping The Arm Free Of Conceration
D. Applying Heat To Maintain Circulation
Q-10 Posthumous Means.?
A. A Child Born After Death Of His Father
B. A Child Born After Death Of His Mother
C. A Child Born Post Term Age
D. A Child Born Post Term Age
- Rational-Posthumous comes from the Latin posthumus, which is itself an alteration of postumus ("born after the father's death"). It is thought that the word humus (meaning "dirt, earth" in Latin) was substituted for - umus in the mistaken belief that the word's final element had something to do with the soil in a grave.
Q-11 While Assessing A 2 Hours Old Neonate, The Nurse Oberves The Neonate To Have Acrocynosis. Which Of The Following Nursing Should be Performed Initially.?
A Activate The Code Blue Or Emergency System
B Do Nothing Because Ac Rocynosis Is Normal In Neonate
C Immidiate Take The Newborn Temprature According To Hospital Policy
D Notify The Physician Of The Need For A Cardiac Consult
Q-12 THE NORMAL HEART RATE OF THE INFENT MAY RANGE
Q-13 A Postpartum Mother Is Providing Instruction To The Mother Of A Newborn Infant With Hyperbilirubinemia Who Is Being Breastfeed. The Nurse Provide Which Most Appropriate To The Mother.?
A Switch To Bottle Feeding The Baby For 2 Weeks
B Stop The Breast Feeding And Switch The Bottle Feeding
C Feed The Newborn Infent Less Frequently
D CONTINUE To Breast Feed Every 2-4 Hrs
Q- 14 A 38 Yrs Female Smoking One Cigarette Packet Per Day What Is Contraindicate. ?
A OCP (ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE PILLS)
C CERVICAL CAP
Q –15 Open Ulcer Wound + Granulation Formation
A Sterile Petrolium Gauze
B Povidone Iodide
C Sterile Dry Dressing
D Wet Ns Sterile Dressing
Q –16 All Pf The Following Are Components “ Sign In “ During Safety Check List Execpt. ?
A Patient Identify His Name
B Antibiotics Given In 60 Min Prior
C Preanesthetic Check Up Safety Done
D Risk For Bleeding Assessment
Q –17 THE NURSE IS MEASURING THE DURATION OF CLIENT’S CONTRACTION. WHICH STATEMENT IS TRUE REGARDING THE MEASUREMENT OF THE DURATION OF CONTRACTION?
A DURATION IS MEASURED BY TIMING FROM THE BEGNING OF ONE CONTRACTION TO THE BEGNING OF THE NEXT CONTRACTION
B DURATION IS MEASURED BY TIMING FROM THE END OF ONE CONTRACTION TO THE BEGNING OF THE NEXT CONTRACTION
C DURATION IS MEASURED BY TIMING FROM THE BEGINING ONE CONTRACTION TO THE END OF THE SAME CONTRACTION
D DURATION IS MEASURED BY TIMING FROM THE PEAK OF ONE CONTRACTION TO THE END OF THE SAME CONTRACTION
Q-18 COMPLICATION OF CATHETERIZATION THAT OCCURE DUE TO UNABLE TO RETRACT BACK FORESKIN TO ITS ORIGINAL POSITION?
Q-19 Normal FHS Fetal heart sound is-
- Rational-The normal heart rate around this gestation period is 120 to 160bpm (Average 140). The below chart gives you an idea of how the fetal heart rate changes week by week.
Q-20 While Fontainale assessment upright position-
Ans-Quite and less anxious
- Rational-The nurse should seat the infant upright to assess the fontanels and should perform this assessment when the infant is quiet. Pressure from postural changes or intense crying may cause the fontanels to bulge or seem abnormally tense.
Q 22. Pernicious anaemia caused by-
Ans. Vitamin B12
- Rational-Pernicious anemia is one cause of vitamin B-12 deficiency anemia. It’s thought mainly to be caused by an autoimmune process that makes a person unable to produce a substance in the stomach called intrinsic factor. This substance is needed to absorb dietary vitamin B-12 in the small intestine.
Q. 23 First Discoverd vaccin is-
- Rational-Edward Jenner, an English country doctor from Gloucestershire, administers the world’s first vaccination as a preventive treatment for smallpox.
Q- 24 ISHRO headquater in-
- Rational-The Secretariat of DOS and ISRO Headquarters are located at Antariksh Bhavan in Bangalore.
Q 25. pink colour cannula gauze -
- Rational-The standard cannula for routine use is pink-colored. A 20-gauge cannula, it has a fluid flow rate of 61 milliliters per minute.A blue-colored cannula indicates a 22 gauge, which allows a fluid flow rate of 36 milliliters per minute.The white-colored cannula size is seldom used. A 17-gauge cannula, it has a fluid flow rate of 140 milliliters per minute.Emergency situations and operating theaters tend to utilize gray and brown cannulae. Gray-colored cannulae have a 16-gauge size and a fluid flow rate of 200 milliliters per minute, and 14-gauge brown-colored cannulae have a flow rate of 300 milliliters per minute.
Q-26 Function of fallopian tube is-
- Rational-Fallopian tube, also called oviduct or uterine tube, either of a pair of long, narrow ducts located in the human female abdominal cavity that transport male sperm cells to the egg, provide a suitable environment for fertilization, and transport the egg from the ovary, where it is produced, to the central channel (lumen) of the uterus.
Q-27 Side effect Clonazapine medicine side effect-
- Rational- Neutropenia (noo-troe-PEE-nee-uh) occurs when you have too few neutrophils, a type of white blood cells. While all white blood cells help your body fight infections, neutrophils are important for fighting certain infections, especially those caused by bacteria.
Q.28 Covid-19 is a disease-
- Rational-Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). It was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei, China, and has resulted in an ongoing pandemic.
Q.29 Digoxine medicine side-effects is-
- Rational-The heart disease medication digoxin — also known as digitalis — is one such medicine. Evidence suggests a particularly negative association between digoxin and hypokalemia, which is a condition characterized by lower than normal amounts of potassium in the body. This consequence may result from the drug's impact on an important potassium-binding bodily area.
Q.30 What should be assess during given Digoxine medicine-
Ans- Assess heart rate
- Rational-Teach parents or caregivers that changes in heart rate, especially bradycardia, are among the first signs of digoxin toxicity in infants and children. Instruct parents or caregivers in apical heart rate assessment and ask them to notify health care professional if heart rate is outside of range set by health care professional before administering the next scheduled dose.
Q.31 ATT contraindicated in pregnancy is-
- Rational-The following antituberculosis drugs are contraindicated in pregnant women: Streptomycin Kanamycin Amikacin Capreomycin Fluoroquinolones.It is recommended that pregnant women be treated with gentamicin as a first-line agent. Streptomycin has been associated with deafness in children following fetal exposure and should be avoided if possible; however, the risk of serious infection supports the use of streptomycin as a preferred treatment if gentamicin is contraindicated.
Q.32 Reuurrent Diarroea care given-
Ans- Rectal care
Q-33 Drug use in diarrhoea in case of children-
- Rational-Zinc is enlisted in WHO essential drug list under medicine for diarrhea where it (zinc sulfate solid oral dosage form: 20 mg) is indicated in acute diarrhea as an adjunct to oral rehydration salts. Recent, WHO recommendations on zinc include mothers, other caregivers and health workers should provide children with 20 mg per day of zinc supplementation for 10-14 days.
Q-34 Oxytocin secreated by-
ANS-Post pituitary secreated
- Rational-In both sexes, oxytocin is produced by the hypothalamus and stored and secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland. It is also synthesized and secreted in other tissues, including the brain, uterus, placenta, ovaries, and testes
Q- 35 In Old age lasix is avoid to given why-
Ans Hearings loss
- Rational-In some cases, hearing loss due to Lasix is permanent. It is more common when high doses are given intravenously or when combined with other medications that can cause hearing loss. People with severe kidney disease (such as kidney failure) may also be at higher risk. Let your healthcare provider know right away if you notice any problems with your hearing.
Q-36 During Epistaxis drugs avoid-
- Rational-Heparin is an anticoagulant (blood thinner) that prevents the formation of blood clots. Heparin is used to treat and prevent blood clots caused by certain medical conditions or medical procedures. It is also used before surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots. Do not use heparin injection to flush (clean out) an intravenous (IV) catheter.
Q-36 Universal recipient blood Group is-
- Rational-A person who can accept a blood transfusion from any blood type is called a universal recipient. Universal recipients have type AB blood and can receive a blood transfusion from a person with any blood type. The immune system of a person with AB blood will accept blood from all possible donors, whether they have O, A, B, or AB blood.
Q- 37 Cornea remove after Death is-
Ans- 4-6 hrs