AIIMS Delhi Nursing officer 2019
AIIMS Delhi Nursing officer Question with rational- 2019
Q-1. Which of following is not involved in chest physiotherapy?
Q- 2. Movement towards midline is called as-
- Anterior central
- Posterior lateral
- Rational-Movement towards the midline of the body is called medial (or internal) rotation; movement away from the midline is called lateral (or external) rotation.
Q. 3. In mental health act 2017, experienced psychiatric nurse posted at which hospital?
- Central or state Mental health authority (MHA)
- Tertiary centers
- Secondary centers
Ans- Central or state Mental health authority (MHA)
Q 4 . Social skill training for schizophrenia patient is done for which symptoms?
- Positive sign
- Negative sign
Ans- Negative sign
Q 5. Following are use of the central line catheter except?
- CVP monitor
- Left ventricular function
- Administer medication
- TPN administration
Ans- Left ventricular function
Q 6. Symptom of acute blood loss are-
- Tachycardia, hypertension
- Bradycardia, Hypertension
- Bradycardia Hypotension
- Tachycardia, Hypotension
Ans- Tachycardia, Hypotension
Q 7. A patient reports calcium loss. What is the nursing intervention?
- Reposition the patient every 2 hourly
- Give dairy products
- Give supplemental feeds in between meals
- Encourage to walk
Ans-Give dairy products
Q 8. Which medicine we used to give after immediate delivery of baby?
- Oxytocin 20 units IM
- Oxytocin 10 units IM
- Methergine 0.2 mg IM
- None of the above
Ans- Oxytocin 10 units IM
Q-9 . A patient has tried to commit suicide with drug overdose. Which of the situation depicts that the patient has high risk of suicide?
- Wrote a note
- Informed a relative
- Alcohol intake before committing suicide
- Impulsive attempt
Ans-Alcohol intake before committing suicide
Q 10. Patient admitted in the ward had 3 episode of vomiting. Which of the following drug should not be given?
Q 11. Priority action of patient Agitation management?
- Argue with patient and until he understands about situation
- don’t consider about patient and leave patient in room
- Decrease the environmental stimuli that causes agitation and place patient on safer place
- none of the above
Ans-Decrease the environmental stimuli that causes agitation and place patient on safer place
Q 12. Following all are blood transfusion complications from Except?
- Hemolytic reactions
- Fluid deficit
- Transmission of infections
Q 13. A surgeon is going to give a skin incision on patient which of the following is to be done-
- Time out
- Sign in
- Sign out
- Time in
Ans- Time out
- Rational-Time Out” Documentation for Bedside and Clinic Procedures Practicing “time out” prior to a procedure is a nationally recognized patient safety measure, which helps assure that the correct procedure is performed on the correct patient.
Q.14. Nurse notices redness and itching around intravenous cannula insertion site. What she should suspect-
- Allergic to fluid
- Allergic to IV cannula
- Rational-Phlebitis refers to inflammation of a vein and it can be caused by any insult to the blood vessel wall, impaired venous flow, or coagulation abnormality.
Q. 15. Which of the following is the contraindication of gastric aspiration from NG tube?
- Esophageal varices
- Sever dehydration
Ans- Esophageal varices
Q 16. Patient admitted with acute renal kidney injury, and nurse is advised to monitor strict urine output. She notices urine output is less than 100ml for last 24 hours.it is called as-
- Urine output is less
- Urine output is more
- Its normal
Ans- Urine output is less
Q-17. A doctor has asked the nurse to insert Ryle’s tube and has also mentioned “do not perform whoosh test to confirm the placement of the tube” what does whoosh test indicate?
- Aspiration of the gastric content
- Flush with water through NG
- Push air in the tube and auscultate
- Perform Chest X-Ray
Ans- Push air in the tube and auscultate
Q.18 Nurse advised to administer inj. Metronidazole a patient. She knows action of this is-
Q .19 Nurse taking care of Chronic renal dysfunction patient. What diet she will advise for this patient?
- High protein, low sodium, low potassium diet
- Low sodium, low potassium, high carbohydrate diet
- Low sodium, high potassium, low protein diet
- Low sodium, low potassium, low protein diet
Ans- Low sodium, low potassium, low protein diet
Q.20 Temporary cessation of breathing is –
Q. 21 Nurse advised to give enema for patient with chronic liver disease. What position is used to administer enema?
Q.22 Identify following sample collection tube used in?
- Throat swab
- Pap’s smear
- None of the above
Q. 23 0.45% NS is?
- Hypotonic solution
- Isotonic solution
- Hypertonic solution
Ans- Hypotonic solution
- Rational-0.45% NS, which is a hypotonic solution, it will balance out the serum sodium levels by dilution and cause the cells to swell with water bringing them back to the normal shape.
Q. 24 Choose odd one from following-
- Bed sheet
Q. 25 The nurse is posted in ED and patient comes with seizure. the priority management of seizure patient is-
- Controlling seizure with medications
- Airway management by side lying position and head turn
- Circulation management with IV fluids
- None of the above
Ans-Airway management by side lying position and head turn.
Q. 26 Nurse advised to give injection vitamin K for new born baby. The route and dose of Vitamin K is-
- Vitamin K 1mg IM
- Vitamin K 1 mg SC
- Vitamin K 0.5 ID
- Vitamin K 10 mg IV
Ans-Vitamin K 1mg IM
- Rational-Vitamin K should be given to all newborn infants as a single, intramuscular dose of 0.5 to 1 mg. Additional research should be conducted on the efficacy, safety, and bioavailability of oral vitamin K to prevent late vitamin K deficiency bleeding.
Q. 27 Normal hemoglobin level in adult is
- 12 to 15 gm%
- 12 to 15 mg%
- 10 to 18 gm%
- 10 to 18 mg%
Ans- 12 to 15 gm%
Q. 28 In a group, Average Weight of four persons in group is 40 kg. and one person joined the same group and now average weight of 5 persons is 50. What will be the weight of 5th person?
Q. 29. Patient on post-partum period of 72 hours, A purpura developed fever with decreased skin integrity due to fluid loss and excessive vaginal secretions may indicate development of sepsis. In above scenario the body temperature support sepsis is-
- 36o C
Q. 30 Patient has undergone donor nephrectomy. The drug will not be given?
Q. 31 In an immunocompromised patient, the nurse should take infection prevention methods when WBC is-
Q. 32 Patient came to emergency with alcohol withdrawal symptoms what symptoms will you observe?
- Fever, nausea vomiting, hyperactivity
- Tremor, sweating, restlessness
- Hypertension, sweating, rhinorrhea
- Deep coma, lacrimation, tears
Ans-Tremor, sweating, restlessness
Q. 33 Patient came to ED unconscious with pinpoint pupil, lacrimation & history of substance abuse. Which of drug will be administered?
Q. 34 In rehabilitation center, which of the following drug is used as opioid substitute in substance abuse patient?
Q. 35 How will you differentiate clinical depression with normal grief?
- Normal grief, sense of guilt is present in every situation
- Often opens up angry
- Persistent anhedonia in clinical depression
- Feels temporary loss of self esteem
Ans- Persistent anhedonia in clinical depression
Q. 36 which of following patient at risk of fluid volume deficit?
- Patient with wound irrigation
- Patient with cardiac disease
Q. 36 Patient will be positioned as followed for vaginal examinations: -
- Dorsal recumbent
- Left lateral
Ans- Dorsal recumbent
Q. 37. An antenatal mother came to OPD with Hb- 8.5 gm% which of the following is true?
- Moderate anemia
- Mild anemia
- Severe anemia
- No anemia
Ans- Moderate anemia
Q. 38 Which of following component not present in normal saline?
- Na+ 154 mEq/L
- Cl- 154 mEq/L
- K+ 52 mEq/L
- None of the above
Ans-K+ 52 mEq/L
Q. 39 Patient is allergic to B-lactamase and which of following drug is safe to administer?
Q. 40 Patient came to ED with uncontrolled diabetes, urine test showed ketone positive. ABG reports showed pH 6.25 pCO2- 39 pO2- 55 and blood glucose is 600 mg/dl. Which of the following condition is present?
- Metabolic acidosis
- Respiratory acidosis
- Respiratory alkalosis
- Metabolic alkalosis
Ans- Metabolic acidosis