Important Nursing Examination Questions
Q.1 According to Maternal Health Programme, the daily dose of folic acid for pregnant woman should be
- 100 mcg
- 2OO mcg
- 300 mcg
- 400 mcg
- Ans- 400 mcg
Q.2 Which of the following vaccine is not administered at birth?
- Hepatitis B
Q.3 DMPA is an injectable contraceptive given every
- 3 weeks
- 3 months
- 2 months
- 2 years
- Ans- 3 months
Rational-There are two main types of injectable contraceptives:
1. Progestogen-only Injectables (POI), containing only synthetic progesterone. They are of two types:
a. Depot MedroxyProgesterone Acetate (DMPA) – 3 monthly Injection. This can be given through:
- Intramuscular route (DMPA-IM) or
- Subcutaneous route (DMPA-SC).
b. Norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN) – 2 monthly Injection.
2. Combined Injectable Contraceptive (CIC): containing estrogen (usually ethinylestradiol) and progesterone; need monthly injection.
Q.4 Toxic shock syndrome is due to which vaccine?
- Rational-Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a condition caused by bacterial toxins. Symptoms may include fever, rash, skin peeling, and low blood pressure. There may also be symptoms related to the specific underlying infection such as mastitis, osteomyelitis, necrotising fasciitis, or pneumonia.
Q.5 Minimum gap that should be allowed in between to administer two live vaccines is-
- 3 weeks
- 2 months
- 4 weeks
- 4 months
- Ans-4 weeks
Q.6 GOBI Campaign of the UNICEF includes all Except-
- Breast feeding
- Growth monitoring
Rational-GOBI is a strategy consisting of (and an acronym for) four low-cost, high impact, knowledge mediated measures introduced as key to halving child mortality by James P. Grant at UNICEF in 1983. The measure are:
- Growth monitoring: the monitoring of how much infants grow within a period, with the goal to understand needs for better early nutrition.
- Oral rehydration therapy: to combat dehydration associated with diarrhea.
Q.7 Which is the best determinant of the health status of a community?
- . Crude death rate
- Infant mortality rate
- Maternal mortality rate
- Early neonatal death Ans-Infant mortality rate
- Ans- Infant mortality rate
Q.8 Zero inches is-
- Elimination of disease
- Eradication of disease
- Elimination of infection
- Eradication of Infection
- Ans-Elimination of disease
Q.9 Instrument used to calculate the amount of bleaching powder for disinfection of well-
- Boyel's apparatus
- Horrock's apparatus
- Ans-Horrock's apparatus
- Rational-Horrock’s apparatus is used for estimating the dose of bleaching powder needed to disinfect 455 Liters of water
It is used mostly while disinfecting the water in a well.
Q.10 Hormone secreted by posterior pituitary gland
- Follicle stimulating hormone
- Luteinizing hormone
Q.11 Minimum distance between septic tank and source of water-
- 50 meters
- 30 meters
- 15 meters
- 5 meters
- Ans-15 meters
Q.12 The ability to understand self is termed as-
Q.13 DefenCe mechanism in which unacceptable desires are redirected into socially desirable channels
Q.14 False fixed belief thai can not be corrected by reasoning is called-
Q.15 Science dealing with ageing process-
Q.16 The term for fear of height-
- Ans- Acrophobia
Rational-Acrophobia is an extreme or irrational fear or phobia of heights, especially when one is not particularly high up. It belongs to a category of specific phobias, called space and motion discomfort, that share both similar causes and options for treatment.
Q.17 Rabies is caused by
- Ans- Lyssavirus
Q.18 Population covered by an Anganwadi worker is
19. “Flag sign“ is a Characteristic feature of wnich disease ?
- Rational-Bands of discoloration of hair (reddish, blond, or gray, depending on original color) resulting from fluctuations in nutrition characteristic of kwashiorkor and in diseases with protein depletion such as ulcerative colitis.
Q.20 Universal Immunisation Programme was launched in India in-
- Ans- 1985
Q.21 Under Vitamin A prophylaxis programme. children between 1 to 6 years are given
- 1 lakh IU ol Vit. A
- 2 lakhs IU of Vit. A
- 2.5 lakhs IU of Vit. A
- 1.5 lakhs IU of Vit. A
- Ans-2 lakhs IU of Vit. A
Q.22 Sabin vaccine is given lor the prevention of-
- Typhoid fever
Q.23 One sbcentre is for a population of-
- Ans- 5,000
Q.24 The mos appropriate time to collect sputum specimen from a patient is-
- Before meals
- After meals
- Early morning
- At bedtime
- Ans-Early morning
Q.25 Immunity transferred to fetus from the mother through placenta is-
- Active natural immunity
- Active artificial immunity
- Passive natural immunity
- Passive artificial immunity
- Ans-Passive natural immunity