Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Midwifery Nursing Test - 10
Test - 10
1. Lochia is the vaginal discharge for first fortnight during puerperium which originates from
All of the above
2. Complete breech presentation means-
The thighs are flexed on the trunk and the legs are extended at the knee joints
Both thighs and legs are partially extended
Thighs are flexed of hips and the legs at the knees
Thighs are extended but knees are flexed
3. Magnessium sulphate(MgSO4) is the drug choice for-
Impaired renal function
4. Braxton hicks are-
5. . The clinic nurse reads the results of a tuberculin skin test (TST) on a 3-year-old child. The results indicate an area of induration measuring 10 mm. The nurse should interpret these results as which finding?
Definitive and requiring a repeat test
6. A10-year-old child with asthm a is treated for acute exacerbation in the emergency department. The nurse caring for the child should monitor for which sign, knowing that it indicates a worsening of the condition?
Respirations of 18 breaths/minute
Warm, dry skin
Pulse rate of 90 beats/minute
7. The nurse is monitoring an infant with congenital heart disease closely for signs of heart failure (HF). The nurse should assess the infant for which early sign of HF?
Slow and shallow breathing
8. The clinic nurse reviews the record of a child just seen by a health care provider and diagnosed with suspected aortic stenosis. The nurse expects to note documentation of which clinical manifestation specifically found in this disorder?
9. A feeding problem infants-
10. The hormone responsible for the development of the ovum during the menstrual cycle is?
Follicle Stimulating hormone (FSH)
Luteneizing hormone (LH)
11. Which principal factor causes vaginal pH to be acidic?
Secretion of the bartholins gland
Cervical mucus changes
Secretion of the Skene’s gland
The action of the doderlein bacillus
12. The vas deferens is a:
storage for spermatozoa
Site of spermatozoa production
Conduit of spermatozoa
Passageway of sperm
13. Cremasteric visits the clinic and is told that his sperm count is normal. A normal spermcount ranges from:
20 to 100/ml
20 to 100 million/ml
100 to 200/ml
100, 000 to 200, 000/ml
14. A woman using diaphragm for contraception should be instructed to leave it in place forat least how long after intercourse?
15. When assessing the adequacy of sperm for conception to occur, which of the following isthe most helpful criterion?
16. When Umbilical cord is inserted at the edge of the placenta is termed:
17. Which of the following is derived form mesoderm?
lining of the GI tract
18. The average length of the umbilical cord in human is
19. Malpractice is an example of-
20. The third stage of labour comprises of-
Delivery of fetus
Descent of fetus
Effacement of cervix