Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Fundamentals of Nursing Test - 16
Fundamentals of Nursing
Test - 16
1. Which nursing intervention should be implemented regardless of the oxygen delivery system being used?
Flood the reservoir with oxygen before attaching the mask to the patient.
Ensure the oxygen mask is securely placed over the nose and mouth
Set the oxygen flow rate at a minimum of between two and four liters per minute.
Assess the patient's ears and nose for skin trauma to determine if the oxygen devise is too tight.
2. A nurse enters a patient's room and observes smoke coming out of an air conditioning duct. The nurse transfers the patient into a wheel chair, moves the patient into the corridor, and closes the door to the patient's room while exiting the room. What should the nurse do next?
Close the doors on the unit.
Attempt to put out the fire.
Report the fire.
Evacuate all the patients to another unit.
3. A nurse identifies that a patient is experiencing a developmental stress. Which information about the patient supports this conclusion?
Going through menopause
Engaging in altercations with family members
Taking multiple medications
Displaying signs of a vitamin deficiency
4. A nurse is assessing a postoperative patient's incision. Which clinical manifestation supports the conclusion that the patient may have a wound infection?
Warm to touch
5. A nurse is caring for an obese patient with an abdominal surgical incision that has a separation of wound edges with a large amount of exudate. The primary health-care provider orders a wet to moist dressing with 0.9% NaCl every 6 hours. What is most important for the nurse to do when implementing this procedure?
Ensure the gauze packing is saturated and dripping with saline.
Secure the dressing using Montgomery straps.
Cleanse the wound with half normal saline and peroxide.
Dry the wound by patting with gauze from the skin toward the wound.
6. It is the gradual decrease of the body's temperature after death-
None of these
7. If air bubble appear during chest drainage-
It show water leakage
It show air leakang
Itis a normal condition
It indicated air embolism
8. The stool discharge from the ostomy is called-
9. In brain death all are seen except-
Pulse rate unresponsive to atropin
10. The blood vessel which connect the artery and vein-
11. Stage of malaria fever include all except-
12. The system of storing and transporting vaccines is termed is-
13. One pint is equal to-
14. The most serious complication of fracture is-
15. Common type of fracture in childern is-
16. Serene is an example of-
17. Above what body temperatur, the term 'Hyperpyrexia' is used-
18. An immobilized client is at a risk for-
19. The founder of modern Nursing is-
20. What is the maximum duration of time the nurse allows an IV bag of solution to infuse in to a patient-