Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Fundamentals of Nursing Test - 19
Fundamentals of Nursing
Test - 19
1. Most potential agent that can be used in bioterrorism-
2. Common side effect of cu-T.
3. The term 'phenomenology' is associated with the process of
Analysis of variance
4. Causes of bed scores are:
Presence of pathogenic organism
All of the above
5. Recruitment, selection, development , utilisation and accommodation of human resources by organisation is called as what?
Human resource management
6. The emergency department nurseis caring for a client who has been identified as a victim of physical abuse. In planning care for the client, which is the priority nursing action?
Removing the client from any immediate danger
Obtaining treatment for the abusing family member
Adhering to the mandatory abuse-reporting laws
7. The nurse teaches skin care to a client receiving external radiation therapy. Which client statement indicates the need for further instruction?
“I will limit sun exposure to 1 hour daily.”
“I will avoid the use of deodorants.”
“I will handle the area gently.”
.“I will wear loose-fitting clothing.”
8. To convert four ounces of juice to milliliters (ml), the nurse aide should multiply:
4 x 30 ml
4 x 15 ml
4 x 5 ml
4 x 10 ml
9. The LAST sense a dying client will lose is:
10. To prevent dehydration of the client, the nurse aide SHOULD:
Feed the client salty food to increase thirst
Wake the client hourly during the night to offer fluids
Offer fluids frequently while the client is awake
Give the client frequent baths
11. What is the term for a device used to take the place of a missing body part?
12. The nurse aide is caring for a client who is agitated. The nurse aide SHOULD:
talk in a slow, calm, reassuring manner
tell the client to be quiet
ask to reassign the care of this client
speak loudly so the client can hear the instructions
13. How can the nurse aide BEST help a client who is not accepting a loss?
Leave the client alone
Discourage individual activity
Convince the client to accept the loss
Encourage the client to talk
14. The Heimlich maneuver (abdominal thrust) is used for a client who has:
a bloody nose
a blocked airway
fallen out of bed
15. To avoid pulling the catheter when turning a male client, the catheter tube must be taped to the client’s:
16. A nurse aide MUST wear gloves when:
feeding a client
doing range of motion
giving a back rub
17. Which of the following stages of dying is usually the final stage?
18. Which of the following is a correct measurement of urinary output?
19. All of the following situations are examples of abuse or neglect EXCEPT:
restraining a client according to a physician’s order
leaving a client alone in a bathtub
threatening to withhold a client’s meals
leaving a client in a wet and soiled bed
20. Hospital acquired infection is called-