Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Fundamentals of Nursing Test - 9
Fundamentals of Nursing
Test - 9
1. Drug of choice for congestive heart failure is?
2. A patients has undergone mitral valve replacement having persistent bleeding from surgical incision in the early postoperatively period, which drug will be administered?
3. Which of the following action would a nurse take first when caring for a patient experiencing a cardiac arrest?
initiate cardiac monitoring
Provide intravenous access
Establish an open airway
Obtain a pulse oximetry reading
4. In acute myocardial infection which enzyme is raised first?
5. The "P"wave on the electrocardiogram correspond to?
6. Before endotracheal intubation some fact about trachea a nurse has to understand and all the following are true regarding trachea EXCEPT?
It's about 13 cm long
It bifurcates into two major bronchi
It starts at the level of 7th cervical vertebra
It ends at the level of sternal angle of louis
7. A nurse is caring for an old lady with osteoarthritis and all the following facts are true regarding osteoarthritis EXCEPT?
Pain on moving nodules
8. A nurse is caring for a patient with "Swine flue"and she has to give the drug of choice for "Swine flu "and it is?
9. Fluid overload in a patient may cause?
10. Nurse has to apply erythromycin ointment to a newborn child which area of eye she is supposed place it?
On the cornea
Under the eyelid
11. Which IUCD needs to be replaced only after 10 years?
12. Thirty yr old female complained of wetting her dress while coughing .which one of the following condition a nurse should suspect?
13. A nurse is caring an anemic patient. What finding should suggest her that it is acute blood loss anaemia?
Easy fatigue on exertion
Bradycardia at rest
14. To do percussion and postural drainage of lungs in bronchiectasis What body position of the patient a nurse should be use?
Semi fowlers position
15. When helping a stroke patient nurse should assist-
On weak side
On strong side
16. How long should a nurse wait after taking cold milk for recording oral temperature-
5 to 10mts
10 to 20mts
20 to 30 mts
30 to 40 mts
17. Which type of solution causes water to shift from cells to plasma -
18. Bleeding time is prolonged in all the following EXCEPT-
Non - willibrand disease
19. How much oxygen a nurse should give to a patient with chronic respiratory failure-
1 liter\with nasal prongs
2 liter\with nasal masks
10 liter\with nasal mask
12 liter\with nasal prongs
20. The purpose of lymph is to trap