Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Medical Surgical Nursing Test - 11
Medical Surgical Nursing
Test - 11
1. What type of chest tube system does this statement describe? This chest drainage system has no water column to control suction but uses a suction monitor bellow that balances the wall suction and you can adjust water suction pressure using the rotary suction dial on the side of the system. It allows for higher suction pressure levels, has no bubbling sounds, and water does not evaporate from it as with other systems.
Mediastinal chest tube system
Wet suction chest tube system
Dry-Wet suction chest tube system
Dry suction chest tube system
2. A patient with a chest tube has no fluctuation of water in the water seal chamber. What could be the cause of this?
This is an expected finding.
The system is broken and needs to be replaced.
There is an air leak in the tubing.
The lung may have re-expanded or there is a kink in the system.
3. Restoration function is
4. Antiserum are prepared from
5. Which of the following is the appropriate route of administration for insulin?
6. Which of the following conditions is related to the development of renal calculi?
7. Of the following, which disease causes most death worldwide?
8. Ms. Babita is in the emergency room after being involved in a traffic accident. What would be an early sign of hemorrhagic shock?
Increased blood pressure.
9. A patient presents to the emergency department with a blood pressure of 180/130 mmHg headache, and confusion. Which additional finding is consistent with a diagnosis of hypertensive emergency?
10. A nurse is assigned to care for a postoperative male patient who has diabetes micllitus. During the assessment interview, the patient reports that he’s impotent and says he’s concerned about the effect on his marriage. In planning this patient’s care, the most appropriate intervention would be to..
Provide time for privacy
Encourage the client to ask questions about personal sexuality
Suggest referral to a sex counselor or other appropriate professional
Provide support for the spouse
11. Which of the following is NOT true about testes?
The testes are internal genital organ
Testosterone hormone is responsible for sexual characteristics
The testes produce spermatozoa
The testes have an important function of formation, development and liberation of ova
12. The old woman complains of pain. John noticed that the knee is reddened, warm totouch and swollen. John interprets that this signs and symptoms are likely related to
13. Meena, The old woman was now Immobilized and brought to the emergency room.The X-ray shows a fractured femur and pelvis. The ER Nurse would carefully monitor Martha for which of the following sign and symptoms?
Bradycardia and Hypertension
Fever and Bradycardia
Tachycardia and Hypotension
Fever and Hypertension
14. The nurse performs a Mantoux Test. The nurse knows that Mantoux Test is alsoknown as
15. The nurse would inject the solution in what route?
16. Manjeet Alfred is now a new TB patient with an active disease. What is his category according to the DOH?
17. The nurse should insert the colostomy tube for irrigation at approximately
18. The nurse knew that the normal color of Michiel’s stoma should be
19. Wilma knew that the maximum time when suctioning James is
20. Nurse Mona knows that the normal IOP is