Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Medical Surgical Nursing Test - 17
Medical Surgical Nursing
Test - 17
1. The nurse is caring for a client with pneumonia who is allergic to penicillin. Which antibiotic is safest to administer to this client?
2. The nurse caring for a client in shock recognizes that the glomerular filtration rate of the kidneys will fail if the client’s mean arterial pressure falls below:
3. Which type of leukemia is more common in older adults?
Acute lymphocytic leukemia
Acute myelocytic leukemia
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Chronic granulocytic leukemia
4. Insulin is a?
5. Howell-Jolly bodies are seen in?
Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
Sickle cell anemia.
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura.
6. The nurse is teaching parents to administer eardrops at home. Which action will indicate that the parents understand?
Request that they list each step of the process.
Ask the parents to describe the procedure.
Watch as they administer the eardrops.
Quiz the parents on the medication handout.
7. How long is the first phase of the transitional period of the newborn-
8. Short sightedness can be corrected by using spectacles with ….. lens.
9. Cortisone is used as an effective anti-inflamatory drug in the treatment of ……….
High blood pressure
10. Several persons in a town got the attack of leukemia. Which of the following can be possible reason for that?
Breathing in impure air
Exposed to radiatio
Drinking polluted water
11. The second heart sound 'dup' is heard due to
Opening of the atrioventricular valves
Closure of the aortic and pulmonary valves
Opening of the aortic and pulmonary valves
Closure of the atrioventricular valves
12. Endoscope is sterilized by
U. V. Rays
13. The term gavage indicates
A surgical opening through the abdomen to the stomach
Irrigation of the stomach with a solution
Administration of a liquid feeding into the stomach
Visual examination of the stomach
14. Prolong suctioning of the tracheostomy may cause
Nausea and vomiting
Hypoxia and cardiac arrest
Myocarditis and endocarditis
15. Low level of oxygen in the blood is known as
16. Ringer lactate is contraindicated in
17. Gradual decrease of the body's temperature is known as
None of the above
18. Atropine sulphate act as a
Miotic drug Option
19. During haemodialysis which of the following drug is used to prevent blood clotting?
20. What is the antidote of magnesium sulphate?
Calcium carbonate Option