Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Midwifery Nursing Test - 5
Test - 5
1. Which of the following terms applies to the tiny, blanched, slightly raised end arterioles found on the face, neck, arms, and chest during pregnancy?
2. A homecare nurse visits a pregnant client who has a diagnosis of mild Preeclampsia and who is being monitored for pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH). Which assessment finding indicates a worsening of the Preeclampsia and the need to notify the physician?
Blood pressure reading is at the prenatal baseline
Dependent edema has resolved
The client complains of a headache and blurred vision
Urinary output has increased
3. Gravida refers to which of the following descriptions?
Number of term pregnancies a female has had
Number of times a female has been pregnant
A serious pregnancy
Number of children a female has delivered
4. The chief function of progesterone is the:
Stimulation of the follicles for ovulation to occur
Establishment of secondary male sex characteristics
Preparation of the uterus to receive a fertilized egg
Development of the female reproductive system
5. During a prenatal visit at 38 weeks, a nurse assesses the fetal heart rate. The nurse determines that the fetal heart rate is normal if which of the following is noted?
6. A pregnant client in the last trimester has been admitted to the hospital with a diagnosis of severe preeclampsia. A nurse monitors for complications associated with the diagnosis and assesses the client for:
Periods of fetal movement followed by quiet periods
Any bleeding, such as in the gums, petechiae, and purpura.
Enlargement of the breasts
Complaints of feeling hot when the room is cool
7. The average length of the umbilical cord in human is:
8. Urinary excretion of HCG is maximal between which days of gestation?
9. Which of the following is not a part of conceptus?
10. To determine the clients EDC, which day of the menstrual period will you ask?
11. The main symptom of gonorrhea in male is:
12. Cremasteric, 19 y/o states that he has Gonorrhea. In performing assessment, the nurse should expect to identify which of the following symptoms?
A pinpoint rash on the penis
Lesion on the palms and soles
13. Kris complains of fishy smelling, white cheeslike vaginal discharge with pruritus. Yoususpect that Kris may have:
14. The result of the pap-test is class II. This means that:
Presence of benign or possible malignancy
Possible inflammation or infections
Presence of malignant cells
15. One morning, Rhona tells the nurse that she think she is having contractions. Which of the following approaches should the nurse use to fully assess the presence of uterine cotractions?
Place the hand flat on the abdomen over the uterine fundus, with the fingersapart and press lightly
Place the heel of the hand on the abdomen just above the umbilicus firmly
Place the hand in the middle of the upper abdomen and then move hand several times todifferent parts of the abdomen
Place the hand on opposite side of the upper part of the abdomen, and curve themsomewhat around the uterine fundus.
16. In which of the following conditions is vaginal rugae most prominent?
17. Which plays an important role in the initiation of labor?
fetal adrenal cortex
fetal adrenal medulla
maternal adrenal cortex
maternal adrenal medulla
18. The lower uterine segment is formed from the:
isthmus and cervix
body of the uterus
19. In the second stage of labor, uterine contraction last:
20. The inanimate bone of the pelvis is not composed of the: