Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Midwifery Nursing Test - 6
Test - 6
1. The true conjugate can be measured by subtracting ______ to the diagonal conjugate?
3.5 – 4 cm
3 – 4 cm
2.5 – 3 cm
1.5 – 2 cm
2. The two pubic bones meet anteriorly at the:
3. Upon IE, you noted that the cervix ix ¼ its original length. This mean that effacementis:
4. When the bi-parietal diameter of the fetal head passes through the pelvic inlet, this isreferred as:
5. Which of the following is not true regarding the third stage of labor?
Signs of placental separation are lengthening of the cord, sudden gush of blood andsudden change in shape of the uterus
It ranges from the time of expulsion of the fetus to the delivery of the placenta
Care should be taken in the administration of bolus of oxytocin because it cancause hypertension
The placenta is delivered approximately 5-15 minutes after delivery of the baby
6. Postpartum depression occurs during which time frame?
within 12 weeks
within 16 weeks
within 24 hours
within weeks after delivery
7. Fever, foul lochial discharge and subinvolution of the uterus are signs of:
8. A direct cause of mis-management of the third stage of labor is:
inversion of the uterus
All of these
9. Nurse Tsunade referred to Diane to an Obstetrician. At 8 months she was orderd for acontraction stress test and the result is negative. Diane asked when she should be back forher next check up?
Weekly for 2 weeks then monthly
Within a week
10. Every visit, you obtain the pregnant woman’s fundic height.. At what age of gestiondoes the fundic height in cm strongly correlates with gestational age in wks?
11. Because of rapidly rising bilirubin level, exchange transfusion was performed on Erica’sNB. The nurse understands that the blood to be transfused to the baby should be:
Type O, RH –
Type B, RH –
ABO compatible, RH –
Type B, RH +
12. Which of the following findings in Erica’s history would identify a need for her to receiveRHo (d) immune globulin?
Rh -, coombs +
Rh +, Coombs +
Rh -, Coombs –
Rh +, Coombs –
13. The cardinal function of deciduas is
Production of hormones
Maintenance of pregnancy
None of the above
14. O2 and Co2 are exchanged in the placenta through the process of:
15. The hormone responsible for the development of the ovum during the menstrual cycle is?
Follicle Stimulating hormone (FSH)
Luteneizing hormone (LH)
16. Which principal factor causes vaginal pH to be acidic?
Secretion of the Skene’s gland
Cervical mucus changes
Secretion of the bartholins gland
The action of the doderlein bacillus
17. The frenulum and prepuce of the clitoris are formed by the?
18. Cremasteric visits the clinic and is told that his sperm count is normal. A normal spermcount ranges from:
100, 000 to 200, 000/ml
100 to 200/ml
20 to 100/ml
20 to 100 million/ml
19. The nurse’s first action should be to:
Call the physician
Check the vaginal discharge with nitrazine paper
Check the FHR
Admit Mrs. Calamares to the delivery area
20. With this type of deceleration, the nurse’s first action should be to:
Call the physician
Continue monitoring the FHR
Do nothing, this is a normal occurrence
Position the patient on her left side