Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Paediatric Nursing Test - 11
Test - 11
1. The nurse is aware that the most common assessment finding in a child with ulcerative colitis is:
Intense abdominal cramps
2. When administering an I.M. injection to an infant. the nurse in charge should use which site?
3. When developing a plan of care for a male adolescent. the nurse considers the child's psychosocial needs. During adolescence. psychosocial development focuses on:
Establishing an identity
4. When developing a plan care for a hospitalized child. nurse Alisha knows that children in which age group is most likely to view illness as a punishment for misdeeds?
5. According to Maslow, the highest level on the hierarchy of needs that people strive to achieve is:
Love and belonging.
6. A 10-month-old child has been assessed for pain and has received a score of 2 on the Neonatal Infant Pain Scale (NIPS) tool. What does this indicate about his pain level?
He is in moderate pain.
He is not in pain.
He is in mild pain.
He is in severe pain.
7. The best home treatment for croup in a 2 year old is:
Cool mist humidifier or steam therapy.
Aspirin if there is a fever.
Antibiotics prescribed by his physician.
Over-the-counter cough syrups and decongestants.
8. What is the therapeutic serum Lithium level?
0.2 to 0.6 mEq/L
0.6 to 1.2 mEq/L
2 to 3.5 mEq/L
3.5 to 5.0 mEq/L
9. What is charecterised by chronic progressive chorea, there is involuntary , irregular twitching , jerking movements with mental deterioration leading to dementia?
10. Which of the following condition is usually diagnosed with Wangensteen-Rice X-ray?
Cleft lip.hich of the following is not a sign of severe dehydration in children?
11. During which week does the fetal heart begin pumping its own blood?
12. When caring for an infant during cardiac arrest, which pulse must be palpated to determine cardiac function?
13. Tightness of the prepuce (foreskin) of the penis is called as:
14. ………. is a congenital narrowing of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be retracted.
15. Inflammation of testes is known as:
16. Circumcision perform to correct which condition –
17. Condition in which there are no spermatozoa in the semen is termed :
18. Total number of chromosomes in each mature germ cell is:
19. The normal duration of spermatogenesis
20. The toddler is admitted with a cardiac anomaly. The nurse is aware that the infant with a ventricular septal defect will:
Need more calories
Be more susceptible to viral infections