Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Community Health Nursing Test - 17
Community Health Nursing
Test - 17
1. Alfred binet is associated with-
2. World environment day is
3. World tuberculosis day is observed on-
4. The most important initial step when developing a research study is to:
State the research purpose.
Explore the background for the research problem.
Identify the research problem.
Develop the problem statement.
5. A nursing researcher determines that there is little information about the use of complementary practices in treating obesity. This represents the research:
6. In a research proposal, the researcher states that the proposed study will explore children’s feelings about chemotherapy side effects. This statement describes the:
7. Which is included in a statement of a research study purpose?
A statement about how the research problem will be studied.
A discussion of the significance of the research problem.
A description of gaps in knowledge about the research problem.
A review of what is known about the research problem.
8. The statements in the introductory paragraphs of a research report that cite results of previous studies about a research problem represent the:
9. The nurse researcher states that a research purpose is to measure the effects of bar code medication administration on medication errors. This is a study purpose for which type of research?
10. A statement about the significance of a study describes the:
Relationship among study variables.
Study design and methods.
Validity of the study measurement tools.
Influence of results on nursing practice.
11. A reviewer assesses a potential researcher’s credentials and experience, the availability of funding and resources, and ethical considerations of a potential study. This represents evaluation of a study’s:
12. In a research proposal, the author describes what is already known about the research topic. This would be included in the discussion of the study’s:
13. Which component of a research study is exemplified in the statement, “This study identifies various themes associated with parenting children who have chronic disease?”
Aim or objective
14. The statement, “Do patients who receive care in a Patient-Centered Medical Home have fewer emergency department visits than those who do not?” is an example of a research:
15. All of the following aspects of a research proposal are part of the research hypothesis except:
16. The statement, “In this study, elevated blood glucose is a value greater than 110 mg/dL,” is an example of a(n):
17. Which is an important feature of a testable hypothesis?
Relationships among the study variables must be causative.
Methods of sampling, measurement, and data analysis are included in thehypothesis statement.
It may differ from the variables and population identified in the research purpose.
Variables in a testable hypothesis are measurable or able to be manipulated.
18. Which statement differentiates research variables from research concepts?
Variables cannot be concisely defined or clearly described.
Variables are less subject to manipulation and measurement.
Concepts are more abstract than variables.
Concepts are usually studied in quantitative research.
19. A researcher wishes to study the effects of a low-fat diet on self-esteem, weight, and energy levels among obese women over age 40. Which is the independent variable in this study?
Women over 40
Self-esteem, weight, and energy levels
20. To reduce or eliminate the influence of environmental variables on study results, the researcher may:
Use a research unit in a hospital or laboratory.
Discuss these variables in the study results.
Completely describe all environmental settings encountered in the study.
Use a qualitative study design to conduct the study.