Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Psychiatric Nursing Test - 13
Test - 13
1. The drug of choice in alcohol-induced psychosis is-
2. Claustrophobia means fear of-
3. Agoraphobia is characterized by-
Association with schizophrenia
Fear of lifts and height
Fear of closed space
Often asssociated open space with panic attacks
4. Common risk of severe Depression is-
5. Melancholia literally means-
6. Sleep walking is also termed as -
Somnambulism ( Noctambulism)
7. Alfred Binet is associated with test-
8. Which of the following neurotransmitter is known to be associated with sleep, mood and appetite?
9. Which of the following foods would the nurse encourage the client in sickle cell crisis to eat?
10. During a pelvic examination, the nurse notices a purple-blue tinge of the cervix. The nurse documents this as?
Braxton Hick’s sign.
11. Leo Kanner is known for his studies on:
12. During psychiatric interview patient retains a constellation of ideas long after they have ceased to be appropriate. E.g. “where do you live?”, “London”, “How old are you”, “London. The term used to explain the condition is:
13. When maintaining accurate records in situations of suspected abuse, the nurse should document-
Generalized statements about the events leading up to the abuse.
An interpretation of the client’s statements regarding the abuse.
A body map to indicate size, color, areas and types of injuries.
A description of the suspected abuser.
14. The "York Retreat" for mentally ill was started by-
15. The most persistent adverse effect of ECT is
16. rTMS is found to have antidepressant properties when applied to
Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC)
Temporal– parietal regions of the cortex
17. The most common indication of ECT is:
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
18. Which of the following is NOT a recommended preparation for ECT procedure?
Administration of an anticonvulsant 30 minutes before ECT
Morning bath, cleaning the oil from the head, overnight fast
Informed consent in writing
19. Which is the best unit for quantification of ECT stimuli?
20. Factors predisposing to postictal confusional state include, all EXCEPT:
Existing CNS disease
Sine wave ECT
A younger age group