Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Microbiology Test - 9
Test - 9
1. Which test is used to detected typhoid is-
2. The phospholipids present in cytoplasm membrane of the archaeo-bacteria is
polyisoprenoid branched chain lipids
none of the above
3. The oldest eukaryotic organisms are considered to be
diplomonads like Giardia
4. The phospholipids present in cytoplasm membrane of eubacteria is mainly
none of these
5. Which were the investigators lived at the same time?
Darwin and Woese
Van Leeuenhoek and Ricketts
Koch and Pasteur
Berg and Hooke
6. The unifying feature of the archaea that distinguishes them from the bacteria is
presence of a cell wall containing a characteristic outer membrane
absence of a nuclear membrane temperature
cytoplasmic ribosomes that are 70S
habitats which are extreme environments with regard to acidity
7. Mycoplasmas are different from the other prokaryotes by
presence of proteins in cell walls
presence of chitin in cell walls
absence of cell wall itself
presence of murrain in cell walls
8. Evolutionary relationships between groups of organisms are determined using which of the following type of information?
Comparisons of biochemical pathways
Comparisons of structural features
Comparisons of nucleotide sequences
All of the above
9. Which of the following is not true for eukaryotic cells?
Chromosomes contain histones
Chloroplasts and mitochondria contains 70S ribosomes
Nucleus is bounded by nuclear membrane
Gas vacuoles are present
10. Which of the following is not true for prokaryotic organism?
Chromosomes does not contain histones
Cell wall contains peptidoglycan as one of the major component
Nucleus is not bounded by nuclear membrane
80S ribosomes are distributed in cytoplasm
11. Gram staining was introduced by
12. Which of the following is considered the most unifying concept in biology?
13. Various bacterial species can be subdivided into
all of these
14. Living organisms have many complex characteristics. Which one of the following is shared by non-living matter as well?
15. A newly discovered microscopic structure is hypothesized to be a living organism. Which of the following lines of evidence would support the contention that this organism may be alive?
It is made of a single cell
It utilizes energy
It contains DNA
All of these
16. Mycoplasmas, rickettsiae, and chlamydiae are
species of protozoa
types of fungi
forms of viruses
17. Which of the following structure is absent in eukaryotic cells?
18. Who was the inventor of the Petri dish?
Italian glass blower from Petri, Italy
A famous French cook
R.J. Petri, an assistant of R. Koch
None of the above
19. Which one is not studied in microbiology?
20. A characteristic of protein synthesis in both the archaea and eukarya is
translation is inhibited by diphtheria toxin
proteins are synthesized from D-, rather than L-, isomers of amino acids
transcription and translation are coupled
the initiator tRNA is charged with N-formyl-methionine