Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Previous Exam Questions
Nutrition Test - 4
Test - 4
1. Vitamin B3 is called as:
None of these
2. Vitamin B3 is called as:
None of these
3. In following which disease occur due to deficiency of thiamine_
4. Which of the following is know to have a role in wound healing?
5. A deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1) in the diet causes:
6. Iron supplements are frequently recommended for all of the following except:
Women who are pregnant
Infants and toddlers
7. All of the following statements about vitamin B3 (niacin) are true except:
Deficiency causes beriberi
It helps to release energy in carbohydrates, fat, and protein
It improves blood lipid level
It is involved in the synthesis of sex hormones
8. The only fat-soluble antioxidant synthesized in the body is?
9. One of the fat-soluble vitamins involved in coagulation is:
10. Protein digestion begins where?
11. Which of the following is NOT an enzyme secreted by the small intestine?
12. Which nutrient deficiency is associated with the development of Pellagra, Dermatitis and Diarrhea?
13. Which of the following is the best source of Vitamin E?
Green leafy vegetables
Fish liver oil
14. Deficiency of this mineral results in tetany, osteomalacia, osteoporosis and rickets. Vitamin D Iron Calcium Sodium
15. Which of the following is not considered a fat soluble vitamin?
16. Which of the following is caused by a B5 deficiency?
17. Which of the following is caused by a Vitamin D deficiency?
18. Which of the following vitamins will be the most common in: oils from cereal seeds, salad oils, margarine and shortenings?
19. Which of the following vitamins will be the most common in: leafy green vegetables, egg yolk and soy oil?
20. Which of the following does not contain a high concentration of Vitamin A?